Insurance is a big part of what we do. We know car insurance claims can be confusing and complicated, particularly with stolen car claims and malicious damage, so we are available to answer any questions
you may have.
Best of all, we are established, trusted repairers and can communicate with your insurance company or insurance broker on your behalf to make sure you get the best repairs, not just the cheapest ones.
Not sure where to start?
Use the following as a brief guide to how Como Panel & Paint can help you with making a claim:
- Make sure you understand your policy. It’s important to know all the details of your insurance policy and any excess. If you need help, please bring in your policy paperwork and we’ll explain it for you.
- Urgent repairs should be seen to. Insurers will let you make urgent repairs which are necessary to stop further loss or damage from occurring. These costs will only be reimbursed if your claim is accepted under your policy’s terms and conditions, however. If you’re not sure, give us a call!
- Notify the Police as soon as possible if your vehicle was damaged as a result of theft or vandalism, or if the damages for one or more vehicles involved in an accident exceed $3000.
- If the other party in an accident is making a demand regarding their vehicle damage, it is important to insist that they provide you with a letter of demand to forward to your insurer. Do not make any admission of fault or liability.
- Get your vehicle assessed and repairs estimated. Como Panel & Paint will assess your car for all damage, not just the dents and paintwork, to make sure all relevant repairs are covered in your claim. We can help to organise assessment with your insurer.
- Submitting your claim. We are happy to lodge your claim for you as part of the assessment process, and we’ll explain everything to you as we go.
If you need help with making a claim on your car insurance, or want to book an assessment, please give us a call