What to do in a crash.
- STOP : You must stop immediately.
- HELP : Help anyone who is injured. Call ambulance 000 for serious injuries.
- POLICE : Take the details of the attending police officer, if present.
- DETAILS : Swap personal details – make sure you get a name, phone number, address, insurance company, vehicle type and registration number from the other driver. If possible, also get their driver’s licence number.
- WITNESS : Take witness details.
- YOUR VEHICLE : Damage to your vehicle should be the next thing you consider. If there is liquid under your car then you should get it towed. If not, and you are still able to drive your car, then make sure you have taken care of Steps 1-5 and checked with the police before leaving the scene of the accident. Particularly make sure you are able to contact the other driver and any witnesses before you move on.
- REPORT : You must make a report to police if the accident damage exceeds $3000 and occurred on a public road.
- INJURY : If there is personal injury, contact the Insurance Commission of WA.
If you have completed these steps and are ready to start repairs, please give us a call to arrange a quote appointment. We’ll do everything we can to get your car perfectly repaired and back on the road as quickly as possible.